Helping families thrive.
Dr. Firer specializes in psychoeducational assessments, psychological assessments, and psychological treatments for children and adolescents in Vancouver, BC, and the Lower Mainland.
She diagnoses and treats behavioural, cognitive, and mental disorders and provides specific tools for children, teens, and families to overcome mental health problems and learning challenges. Her practice focuses on children and teens who present with cognitive, emotional, or behavioural issues such as:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Emotional problems, including Depression and Anxiety
- Difficulty at school or school transitions
- Separation and divorce
- Developmental transitions
- Serious and pervasive mental illness, including Bipolar, Dissociative and Psychotic Disorders
- Somatic Disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
Dr. Firer offers psychoeducational assessments which evaluate learning styles in children and adolescents. These assessments evaluate learning disabilities by evaluating the following:
- A contextual understanding of the situation
- Cognitive Skills
- Academic achievements
- Attention, impulsivity, and executive functioning
- Professional observations.